PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2016, 18:56
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canute,

I'm an interested bystander (for reasons I'll keep to myself just now) and consider myself a very fair minded bloke. I was a flight commander for many years, so well used to working off facts, not scuttle butt.

Here are three things that have gone a long way to making up my mind:

1. on this thread at #1423, there is a picture of said lady standing in front of a powerpoint,"xxxx miles alone in an open cockpit".

2. If you use the Wayback Engine (you can Google it if you don't know what it is) you will see her website used to refer to a solo flight. Presumably it has since been amended.

3. Most damming in my opinion (and integrity is a big thing in aviation, and in the military) the clear obfuscation (oxymoron intended) in her statement on her website (still there last time I looked). If she is remotely interested in clearing anything it up it could not be easier. All she has to do is spell out who was in the aircraft on each leg and what their flying duties (if any) were, together with certified copies of her and her "other pilots" logbook entries for the flights in question. How easy is that, and why has it not been done? Instead of that her "clarification" absolutely reeks of bull dung. Go see it for yourself.