PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2016, 11:58
jayc004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VJW
My confirmation from EJ recruitment was on 1/9/16. Not to mention- when applying for NTR DEC at LGW it had a box to tick right at the start, asking me if I was 'happy' to fund my training.

I don't think EJ need to clear anything up, it's not their fault if people misunderstood something that is very obvious.

People are extremely confused here. You can't be bonded AND pay for the training. It's one or the other.... A bond is where the company pays for your training and provided you don't leave within a timeframe specified for the bond, you do not owe any money back for the training. Paying for your training, means exactly that, and you can leave any time you want without incurring a further financial penalty, subject to your notice period
Plus, if you have a doubt, email them rather than trust someone on pprune.
Wow, that was fast!
I had an interview and went through everything in august, and am still waiting for a response.

The paying for the type rating is not being disputed if you are not taking a Portugal base.
I am however one of those people that must have misunderstood them when they specifically told me twice that NTR captains were required to pay £20,000 approx for type rating directly to the type rating school, and then would be bonded for 2 years to cover the subsequent OCC and line training at a cost of £20,000. This was in addition to the self funded type rating. When I asked why the NTR were bonded for £20,000 and the TR pilots were bonded for only £10,000 for the exact same OCC training, I was told it was because the guys doing the type rating were on payroll for 2 months at CTC prior to even getting to OCC.

So for me, what BBJ Captain is saying sounds correct. I was specifically told about bonding and self funding. There wasn't much misunderstanding.