PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Improving skills
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2016, 10:10
umop apisdn

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Improving skills

I like to snowboard. I can do pretty much all the runs and confidently spray my fallen friends with snow without running into them. There exists advanced classes for snow sports, and people can take them if they want to be even better, maybe go backwards, hit a few jumps, etc etc. Advanced classes exist for driving a car as well.

I understand endorsements can teach a pilot new skills that they might have once not had, and that it is very hard to control for a situation where "advanced skills" might be needed without actually killing oneself in the process, but the question remains, is there such thing as "advanced lessons"?

I have picked up more than a few things along the way, and of course, we never stop learning and growing. Is there anyone in the country that could safely take people out and teach them things they might have never thought of or had to do, in a relatively safe setting? Things that could be for the benefit of anyone with any experience level?

If there was an instructor, a relatively open to new ideas instructor, that could take an advanced lesson but also learn from their student's experiences, it would be awesome. Each student would have a different way of looking at something, novel way of achieving some outcome, would have almost killed themselves in their own special way, and the "advanced lessons" instructor could slowly grow their knowledge bank to pass on to the next student.

Does this exist?
Would you go for a lesson irrespective of your experience?

I'm not asking because i want to start a business or anything. I'm asking because I wouldn't mind me some advanced lessons.