PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAMit shuts its doors (apparently). What's the future for Jabiru?
Old 12th Oct 2016, 09:23
mullokintyre

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its not the first time that rumours of its impending doom have surfaced.

https://camitaeroengines.net/blogs/newsA response to recent rumours

August 17, 2016 • CAMit Update

A few rumours have been circulating recently, to different effects: that CAMit is about to close its doors, that we have already laid off employees, and more.

We want to address these rumours and mention that they are not true.

One of the questions asked just last night on the Jabiru & CAMit Aircraft Engines Yahoo! group* was this:

A couple of weeks ago at Oshkosh, a high ranking official of Jabiru USA told me that Camit was about to close their doors, employees had already been laid off, etc., etc. Can't say that I believed a word of it but stranger things have happened.

What say you?
Our response to the question was as follows:

Sales 101:
If you want to limit your competitors sales,
Say they are about to go out of business
Say they are about to come out with a new model
This combination definitely works I can assure you. In this case there is very little risk for an owner as most parts are interchangeable.

The real risk is lack of competition which always increases costs and reduces service.

CAMit has been running a very useful R&D program where the risk for the market is "if it is not continued".

Given that this program has been run for many years on a zero budget, imagine what could be done with more resources?

So, supporting a useful product helps keep it available, lowers costs and funds future R&D. The market usually decides in its own interest provided it is aware of the facts.

Yes, we do need your support!

Ian
CAMit