PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Martin Baker to be prosecuted over death of Flt Lt. Sean Cunningham
Old 12th Oct 2016, 08:38
Red Line Entry

Received 28 Likes on 4 Posts
So what are you after tuc? An MAA without serving military personnel? How will that provide informed, current, knowledge of the Military Air Environment? To answer your question, CAS is not in the management chain for those in the MAA (it goes D MAA to DG DSA to SofS). Yes, of course, people serving in the MAA will return to the mainstream RAF and no doubt you will see this as vulnerability to pressure; but how is that different from those operators working in the CAA returning to the wider commercial aviation world?

And while I do not condone the pressure that you were once subjected to, can you provide current evidence (anytime this century will do) of ANY government individual being disciplined for 'refusing to make a false declaration'? I've never witnessed such an event, nor have I ever heard a colleague express any worry regarding such pressure. I'm not denying your claim that it happended in the past, I'm querying its relevance to the current environment.