PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instrument procedural trainer for home PC?
Old 12th Oct 2016, 07:51
LEVC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On Top, (previously marketed by ASA pilot supplies) is, at least until version 8, a very useful software for what you want, it will run in any PC, does not need fancy equipment, only requirement is a joystick or yoke.
It has got nice features for analyzing your performance (plan view of your routing, also vertical plan and graphs in a way similar to the old Frasca FNPT).
You can set up weather, position , altitude etc etc, all very intuitive.
I believe version 8 allows for you to have, if you wish, a second screen where you can have the graphs/plan view etc, I belive they call it the instructors screen, where while you fly, you/the instructor can change stuff as you go.

Not a fancy software in terms of visual (bare blue and brown visual "out the window") but very effective as an IFR procedures trainer, in my opinion good dynamic behaviour with the obvious limitations of a home PC set up.

Not sure if they sell it anymore, and if they do, I do not know if the following versions fit my description although by just googling it I found this screenshots, it looks they did not change much in newer versions.
(last version I used was 8).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (217.3 KB, 37 views)