PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2016, 00:57
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"To sim prep or not to sim prep..., that is the question"

I'll add my two cents......, first let me say that I didn't do any sim prep prior to the interview but this wasn't my intention...., I had already found out the cost at the PanAm academy in Miami to go do it...., someone had cancelled the interview and they assigned his slot to me so I had no other choice....., it worked out evidently but I agree with gtseraf on the matter......, if you have a lot of modern time glass flight deck experience as of late, it will definitely be a good thing to do some sim prep ahead of time.

My formative years in this paid hobby of ours was flying very old metal, I'm talking radial engines old...! So to me the scanning of steam gauges wasn't an issue and that is why I pulled it off...., but if you have been flying modern flight decks for most of your career it will be cumbersome and you might tunnel vision into one thing and let something else fall through the cracks....!

So the answer is that if you are used to the style "T" scanning of old...., you should be ok..., if the "speed and altitude tape" is your comfort zone..., then prep like an Alabama redneck...!

Last edited by The Dominican; 12th Oct 2016 at 01:09.