PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did you take the COMPASS test?
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2016, 16:07
SeventhHeaven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are still expecting waay too much.

There are no quadratic equations, no square roots, no differential equations, nothing of the sort. Just very simple stuff like 1024 / 4.5, 5=4y+9x, or converting Celsius to Fahrenheit (they give you the formula even), or thinking of the next number in the series, basic percentages, etc. It is nothing fancy. A teenager would pass this with his eyes closed. It's "challenging" because you are time pressured; You probably won't finish. If you can do + - / * you're set :P

Same for the science --> there isn't any. No linear acceleration, no centrifugal force, no momentum. Nothing scientific whatsoever. Just plain old mental maths you do every day when you go grocery shopping!

Again, I did the "advanced" test. I doubt the normal COMPASS would be any different. I will say - whoever you're testing with, they can still give you other tests as well. Maybe they will ask you basic physics, or maths that might make a teenager take out a calculator :P It's just not part of the COMPASS formula, so I can't help you with that! But even then, the ATPLs aren't scientific or mathematical either, so what could they really ask that would surprise you?

Don't worry about it mate. You'll be fine Best of luck and try to enjoy the day!