PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 11th Oct 2016, 15:09
A340300IBE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys so this thread has helped me a lot and I want to share my experience.

27/08/2016 – Applied on CAE portal
23/09/2016 – Email that I should expect a phone call
27/09/2016 – Phone Interview and Assessment the following week
11/10/2016 – Email with results from Interview

First of all I would like to emphasize that the atmosphere is really relaxed. I was nervous when I got there and my mind was just thinking about all the answers I had to give to the different questions but honestly it is really relaxed. The HR personnel and the Instructors (Great depth of knowledge I must add) made it very friendly and comfortable for everyone.

We were 4 in total. We arrived at 7:45 and at 8:00 one of the Instructors came and picked us up. We had a briefing of what to expect during the day. Pretty much it is all covered in the Briefing Pack. We were then given a few minutes to just brief with our partner the flight and the first set of crew went into the simulator. I stayed behind and my sim partner went in for the interview and then it was my turn.

Interview Questions:

HR

Tell Us About yourself
Why University Degree Chosen
Can I pay TR
When can I start
Do I have friends in RYR
Do I have siblings and what do they do
Where do I live
Why my flight school
Do I think the training at flight school was good
Why Ryanair?

Technical
ME/IR Aircraft
Why T-Tail
Critical Engine on MEP and 737
Seats on 737
Engine of 737
Hydraulics PSI and How many on 737

After the interview I had a few more minutes until my partner and I went into the sim. Today we had Liverpool (EGGP) WAL2T departure. Amended Departure RWY HDG to 3DME then right (360) (left for my partner to 180) and climbing to 5000ft. They then asked to do a few turns accelerate/decelerate and position fix with the NDB. Then QDM back to LPL NDB and prepare for the approach. When entering the hold we got given an Emergency and had deal with it (DODAR or FORDEC + NITS). Radar vectors unavailable, so you decide if you’re going to conduct the hold or immediately proceed to the NDB and preform the NDB ILS DME RWY27. For my partner the same thing. Help each other in decision making if someone misses out something. Help each other always you’re being assessed as PM as well.

Instructor might stop the sim a few times to teach you something and it’s great to hear from such an experienced Captain. CRM, be patient, be positive and stay calm are key. Enjoy yourself and have fun.
Overall it was a good experience. If you don’t know the answer tell them you don’t know but try think something out, something along the lines. For many of us this could be the 1st interview and it is also a place to learn.

I did a flight down at Simcheck the day before just to get more familiar with the 737 and the theory I used skyinstructor and as well as this forum.

Good Luck to all and hope to see you guys in the skies very soon!