PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 11th Oct 2016, 14:28
ironwings2014

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys!
as promised I'm here to share my experience about my assessment day as this forum was really helpful for me!

The day is started at 8:00 am, when one of the assessor came to meet all of the assessees, and guide us into the building to the briefing, sim and intervew rooms! Then, he went through the briefing and gave us the charts for the sim, the weather and the expected clearence! Then we were paired in 4 crews, and after about 20 min to brief each other we went into the sim. As PF: SID NANTI 2T departure in Liverpool, climb to 5000ft, and then on a radar heading for standard 25° turns, climb descend, acceleration and deceleration exercises!
QDM tracking, position reporting, and then cleared for radar vector ILS Rwy 27 with full stop landing! No emergencies in my case!
As PM: same thing for my partner plus dying pax with an heart attack! So DODAR+NITS, MAYDAY and straight in for the procedural ILS app Rwy27, we were number 1 (Radar vector was requested but radar was not working).

Interview was straight away after the sim:

HR: Tell me about yourself!
Why you choose to become a pilot?
Tell me about your current job!
Why should we hire you?
Can you pay for the tr if you pass?

Tech: V2? screens height? differences between TODA and TORA?
headwind on todays ILS?
Max x/wind in DA42? ( was my aircraft on the MEP/IR training)

Got positive news today, starting my TR on january in EMA!

suggests: they're not looking for a perfect sim session, they're look for good CRM, for the ability to correct yourself or your partner if any error happens! For the interview, just be relaxed, be yourself, say always the truth, if you don't remember anthing, but you know where find infos they ask for, say so ( sample: what's the batteries voltage in DA42? answer: I can't remember exactly but I know this info is present in the POH if needed!)

If you guys need any other info please let me know!

Hope it helps and best of luck to everyone!