PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I turned down Cathay Pacific (SO Transition)
Old 11th Oct 2016, 12:20
Wallaroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whinge

Can't say I have ever come across a bigger bunch of whiners about Cathay and living in HK!

I am an Aussie and live in HK. Yes it has its challenges and is expensive and has bad schools and all the rest of it. But I am still here because on balance I would rather live here than anywhere else. Someone here said said if you can't get more money then don't go to HK, only worth it if the numbers add up. I for one took a 60 per cent pay cut 9 years ago to have the chance of living here. No housing allowance, just a salary. But with much lower tax I could justify it and also live in a more exciting place than in Australia. Amazed how many Aussies on the forum who whine about their lot in life, how bad Cathay is, how your free housing allowance is shrinking ( I get zero) and how hard it is to jump on your free company funded flights for your holidays ( I pay full rack rates for mine). If you don't like it ? Go home and stop whining!! Pay your 47 per cent tax there, live in a remote location and live the high life you crave! Just a bunch of self important losers. Enjoy your life and stop the crap!!!