PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA and FRMS... What a joke.
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2016, 10:54
get_over_it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I happened to read The Australian a few weeks back where the RAAA chief mentioned some post-ponement and scientific review of the fatigue rules. I queried CASA about this two weeks ago and was informed that they couldn't say anything but I had to wait for an announcement to be made by CASA. Funnily enough a delay and independent scientific review is exactly what CASA announced the other day. Can't help but join the dots and think the CASA Chairman is being influenced by his mate's in the regionals at the expense of aviation safety, and has been for some time. The RAAA claims there is no problem with fatigue whatsoever. I wonder if their pilots were ever asked what they think? I bet not. The way this is being handled is farcical - no consideration of aviation safety whatsoever - all about keeping dodgy little airlines in the sky while we wait for another Monarch, Seaview, Lockhart or Pel-air.

It's safe to say nothing in terms of fatigue will ever get done because of operators who cry poor, refuse to take safety serious and are too dumb to make the right business decisions. It's a race to the bottom if you work for a regional folks.