PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swing the lamp, pull up a sandbag.
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2016, 14:02
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Our friend from what is now Zimbabwe had a very funny sense of humor....that could almost get One lodged in the Warri Police Department's Room of Thrills.

Returning late one night from the Downtown Chinese Eatery....while stopped at the umpteenth Police Benevolent Association Charity operation....we were rendered that warm and cheerful salutation of "Uh, What have you for me!".

After much discussion which started off with "Not a damn thing!" and finally progressed with negotiation to a minimum requested donation of Ten Niara.....the agreed upon amount was cheerfully donated to the cause of needy police.

As the funds were received...no receipt being offered or expected....we were told "God Bless You Sir!".

At which point, our Chum pointed one Index finger at his opposite bare forearm....and said "He already has!".

After we had driven away....and I was finally able to get my ability to speak back....I asked the fellow to kindly refrain from such ab lib commentary in similar circumstances in the future as i very much preferred my own bed to any that the Nigerian Police Department might provide on short notice.