PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Land without clearance
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2016, 12:49
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by slowto280
So, in case like this: not intentional, no loss of comm, on proper freq., should / could / would one expect the tower to speak up and try to contact the inbound?

Not trying to place blame, just trying to better understand from a ground perspective.

And no, also not a 'huge deal', no one hurt, nothing damaged, no 'close call' - similar - notified after landing initial call up of 'no clearance.....' Drat!

Again, thanks for inputs!
Although I did not say anything until after the landing, this was largely due to my curiosity as to what the pilot would do & to see when he would call me. The longer this went on, the more I was reluctant to call him - although I could have, at any time, called him with a landing clearance. I suppose that would have been the more professional thing to do but, as chevvron says, there was the thought that something may have happened on the a/c & "interference" from the ground would have exacerbated the situation. Anyway, I took the view that to say nothing & see what developed was what I would do (as there was no traffic to adversely affect the a/c). As far as I know , "everybody lived happily ever after!" In general, nowadays, I would expect the TWR to attempt to contact the a/c with a landing clearance - if the pilot had not solicited one.