PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2016, 11:56
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes it is. And individual members of the 'talent acquisition team' (that's their official title) work across the group. There is a chance that some HR people who interview for QLimk F/O positions may also interview for mainline gigs.

However mainline pilot recruitment is run by Flight Ops HR and borrows resources from talent acquisition as the need arises. Flight Ops HR may still have a dotted line reporting chain to Group HR but that doesn't man that they're engaging on a daily (or even weekly) basis with QLink pilot recruitment. From my discussions with them the link seems to be more strategic rather than tactical.

JC31 could well be correct though that the Taleo website automatically 'dogs you in' if you've applied for a couple of different gigs within the group. Personally that wouldn't stop me. I'll ask the question of the HR people next I come across them as to their thoughts on the issue but that's unlikely to be before applications close. I know for sure a number of the pilot assessors consider it eminently sensible but they don't get a say in who gets interviewed.

Good luck everyone.