PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling Nick Lappos - Blade Stall
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2016, 16:18
AnFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"You won't have done aerobatics but it is all about entry gates"
If I had your experience in Aerobatics in helicopters and your training background I'd probably think the same as you.

I am sorry I wasn't able to explain. That is either because I am wrong or insufficiently clear I suspect, but possibly because you find it difficult to understand new ideas.

"As for my abilities - I am simply the product of a very good training system which, in turn, I have used to pass on the same lessons learned - normally with simple explanations...."

Please demonstrate by explaining to me (us) what you think happens when pulling out of a steep dive where the airspeed is say 120kts (ie no lack of available Kenetic Energy to tap and suppliment what limited Energy the engine can contribute form fuel burnt (/time, ie power)).
I am keen to have your understanding of what the Angles of Attack would be doing and where the conng angle would be.
Are you saying that I could pull 9G if I had sufficient energy(/time) available? Would the coning angle be about 9 times the 1g condition coning angle?
What would be the ultimate physical limiting factor to pulling more G? (would it be Angle of Attack?)

I would be more than happy to receive an explanation that would alter my view and 'educate me'

I think NL was saying in the specific case of the Greek Apache that his estimation of the speed (energy available) was too low to be able to suppliment the engines ability.
(although a coning angle of 10deg would imply in the order of 3 G, which he says is limiting for a lightly loaded Apache)

Looking forward to a clear explanation ( I won't hold my breath either )