PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Provisional Airport Stats
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2016, 15:47
LEEDS APPROACH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
LA - if these are private businesses (as you state), why are you entitled to see these operating details? For what purpose? Do you apply this level of scrutiny to any other business?
Yes they are Private companies - who are serving the Public. Without the public they will completely fail. Just like private or public hospitals and schools etc etc (which I have mentioned). I will not fly with a certain airline that has continually chopped and changed its routes every half year because I am concerned that it is being paid just to operate unsustainable routes. I used to fly with this airline multiple times per year.

So yes I would like to see which projects etc are working and which are being given a helping hand with my money. Taking away theses figures takes away, in some part, the ability of the public to make informed choices.

If you are not bothered swbkcb that is just fine but I (and many other people) would like access to this very basic data. It really is a very straight forward principle.