PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2016, 13:46
Democritus

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
76fan has reacted with horror -as I did - and posted on the T C-T thread on AH&N about the following public announcement on the Fleet Air Arm Officers' Association (FAAOA) website where T C-T has been invited as guest of honour to the Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth, for a Taranto Night dinner:

The FAAOA has kindly been offered 10 tickets to the BRNC Taranto Night Dinner on Thursday 17th November 2016. The event is open to all serving and retired FAA Pilots, Observers, ATC, AEO and AV Officers.

The Taranto Dinner provides the perfect opportunity for the Officer Cadets at the college to be introduced to the Fleet Air Arm tribe and to experience the camaraderie and spirit of those they one day aspire to join. Guest of Honour this year is Tracey Curtis-Taylor.

Having been a FAAOA member for the last 50 years that is an event I would love to have attended. Taranto Night is very special to the Fleet Air Arm and honours the memory of those who in WW2 attacked the Italian Fleet in Taranto harbour. Her presence at the dinner meant I didn't apply for tickets.