PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 8th Oct 2016, 17:28
Hasan7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight school and first flying job

Hello everyone! I am finally following my dream and hope to join a flight school in preferably the next 3 months but before I choose my destination I need to minimize the chances of me being an an employed pilot like many I know. Would it be wiser to join the EASA internship course in the European flight centre where you get all the necessary licenses FAA & EASA and build around 1000 hours more or less (if given a job). Or the second plan is to train in australia and then upon completion try to instruct or get any flying job, but this plan as I think is risky because and correct me if I'm wrong pilots and flight instructors do not fall under the skilled workers in australia. Keep in mind that (frozen) atpl is the minimum requirement to the airlines in my country and region, but of course there are hundreds waiting for a job with low hours so I need to build a few hundred hours maybe a thausand to get ahead. Which path do you think will work out better? I'm open to other suggestions as well I don't mind flying anywhere as long as i fly. And oh please don't suggest Canada as it seemed great but i have tried to get a visa twice and they wasted 6 months of my life only to refuse with no obvious reason, their process was VERY slow. Appreciate your help.