PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swing the lamp, pull up a sandbag.
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2016, 16:20
[email protected]

Received 623 Likes on 271 Posts
And where are the stories from the hugely knowledgeable and experienced Crab ? Not a prostitute like me.......
NEO - I am afraid that my stories involve boring stuff like being tracked by ZSU23-4's flying around Beirut with a very nervous LAF co-pilot who wouldn't let me make a pre-planned approach into the US Embassy because one of his chums had been shot at there the previous week, being bounced by Israeli F-16s returning from a SAR mission to Tel Aviv from Cyprus, hovering in cloud in the dark in the mountains with a winchman on 100 plus feet of cable, flying various members of the royal family, landing a Sea King at Buckingham Palace for a cocktail party, being vectored onto a star by a disorientated navigator during a long night sea search in goldfish bowl conditions, realising that the noise on the intercom during a night descent over the sea for a cliff rescue was me hyperventilating as I struggled to retain SA, ending up on my side in an R22 when the owner decided to slam the lever at the floor at 10' and many other attempts by students to make my life more exciting (and possibly shorter) in the 25 years I have been a QHI; and none of those involved alcohol and flying because we never did that sort of thing..........