PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wilderness Management Draft Policy for SW West Australia
Old 7th Aug 2003, 00:32
Islander Jock

I don't want to be the best pilot in the world - Just the oldest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the paras RV6 refers to is as follows:

5.5 The Department of Conservation and Land Management will liaise with relevant authorities responsible for controlling aircraft movements to discourage flying under 5000 feet over wilderness except for emergency and essential management operations. Aircraft pilots and/or
commercial operators will be requested to abide by flight guidelines that may be developed for
specific wilderness areas.
btw RV6, I think we both know one GA pilot living in Manji who no doubt will be very vocal in his views about this.

BWWAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Can just hear it now:
Mel Centre: ABC you are entering an environmentally sensitive zone climb and operate above 5000

So can I decend lower to remain VMC? Bet they never thought of that one.

Imagine all the noise nazis in their crocheted beanis sitting on top of the Gloucester tree fire tower taking down aircraft regos.

Should we also expect new amendments to the DAH with restricted zones being established over the SW in order to protect the hearing of the Bandicoot, Chudich and other furry friends? Protect the environment my @rse. Seems to me someone was clearly under a bit of pressure during a management think tank and this was the best they could come up with.

These CALM wallies are obviously smoking too much native grass when they venture out scrub in their landcruisers.

Deviating off track slightly but this thinking reminds me of a certain wheatbelt shire that was in a quandary as to how to collect landing fees. They didn't want to incur the cost of installing AVDATA so decided in their wisdom it would be a good idea to impose a levy equally divided amongst all the flying schools in Jandakot as well as a few remote bases. That one really had me rolling on the floor laughing my proverbials off .

Last edited by Islander Jock; 7th Aug 2003 at 06:32.