PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swing the lamp, pull up a sandbag.
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2016, 00:32
Nigerian Expat Outlaw

Nigerian In Law

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
eric, where are you ?

After all, you were "press ganged" into starting this thread; surely you must have a few pearls to share ? And where are the stories from the hugely knowledgeable and experienced Crab ? Not a prostitute like me.......

Anyway, on one occasion I was flying as co-jo with a very senior North Sea Commander (exalted title in those days) who was also a Chief Pilot, to the Beryl Bravo.

As the co-jo, as usual on the outbound leg I advised him that we needed X amount of fuel to get back to Aberdeen with our nominated diversion. I was told very abruptly that we didn't need any fuel, the weather was fine and we would be too. Given that this would mean we would arrive on fumes, his response made me very unhappy as many can perhaps understand.

After an animated discussion in the cockpit I climbed down onto the deck and used the Mobil phone to call the Flight Manager (as his title then was) to tell him that I wasn't getting back in the aircraft with this w**ker. I was told in no uncertain terms (insert many expletives) to bring the aircraft back and report to his office upon arrival. Having only gotten out of the military a few months before I did what I was told.

Having flown back without a word I reported as ordered and got the biggest bollocking since leaving the Army. My Captain got one too, but there were no consequences for either of us.

A couple of months later the same not very respected Captain had a huge bust up with a female co-jo over return fuel from the East Shetland Basin; that one really caused the solids to impact the air conditioning when one engine flamed out as they taxied past the BAF 748's onto the ramp.

Those "discussions" made the lady and I legends in our own lunchtimes !

Memories are made of this..... good and bad.

NEO