PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which foreign pilots impressed you the most ?
Old 7th Oct 2016, 16:27
FAStoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mid 80s,when bringing a BAe HS 125(Viper) back to UK,we had left 7 Islands,or Sept-Isle as the "oh hee hoh" say in Frog,my Ex DH,now BAe, TP Captain had insisted on continuing the flight with all our options going out one after the other.It was my leg and Iqualuit the final destination was wavering between blowing snow and sea fog on the deck.Not wanting to descend until the last minute,we called up the RCAF for latest Viz and Landing Instructions.They immediately asked us to "standby",whilst they produced the Met Flight Orion Captain.He told us he could get airborne and flyour runway heading with "touch and goes" to try to blow the mist and blowing snow out of the way to give enough visibility to land.At this point our options were decidedly poor!!.As we started the procedure,he was already shooting low viz circuits,with an increasing visibility we easily were able to land successfully.On arriving at the Tower,we were surprised to find the grinning RCAF Skipper was no more than 25 and thanked us for giving his crew such good practice on foul weather circuits.Suffice to say we gave him and his crew,plus the Customs Officer, an entertaining evening in the "Zoo",as the Hotel Bar was called!!Having known a few Canuks and Ormande H-B who was a Cold Lake 104 jock ,I would put forward the Canadians as perfect gentlemen and excellent performers in the air!