PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2016, 15:14
Navpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Must confess I do not think the PM and her cabinet have a clue about the complex situation re Heathrow.

I can see a situation where she gives the go ahead thinking that's it without any understanding of what she is actually saying yes too.

Details of whose paying for what need sorting and hopefully the government give an unequivocal yes to the huge spend, but what if this is sidestepped it becomes a yes withough any substance.

And what about raising funds in the markets to pay for the runway aside from the m25 work and railway lines.

In effect the shareholders are going to be expected to raise a sum which will be the highest amount of equity ever raised in this country.

Even this is fraught as the amount raised will be more than the value of the airport ! And this against a highly volatile and uncertain Brexit trading picture.

I hope somebody has asked them what they think.

In addition I do wonder if Greening and zac might resign, whilst not a disaster it will leave awkward questions.

Not sure what others think but I think personally we are light years from an easy solution.