PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2016, 08:34
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While T C-T is running down the reputations of posters on here, and certainly doing sod all for the "cause" of women in aviation, maybe, if she does look at this thread she might take a look at some women who really flew in a challenging environment, in truly challenging aircraft: this rather beautiful lady for a start:

Maureen Dunlop: Pilot for the Air Transport Auxiliary who made the cover of Picture Post | The Independent

Here's a link to a Wiki page Tracy, (we all know you love Wiki) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Transport_Auxiliary

Take a good long look at true heroines of aviation and ask yourself if you have ever managed anything as great as them. One in ten of them died flying, no Garmins, no I-Pads, just map, compass and stop watch in hostile skies, through a nationwide black out, not a jolly in a nice stable, easy to fly bi-plane (I have flown a Stearman for about 40 hours, and it is very easy to fly) with a hugely qualified ATPL in the front seat and nearly a much modern nav kit as the machine I operate for my day job.

I would dearly love to see the HCAP and LAA make an award to the last few survivors of the ATA. Their achievements were truly magificent.

SND