PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ablation procedure - arhythmic heat beat
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2016, 19:26
CrashDash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your answers!!

@obgraham: great to have found somebody with the same problem like me! From your post, I assume that you don't feel them neither, don't you? Just like you, I often ask myself "how many beats does my heart miss at the moment?". I know that this makes it only worse but you can't really stop thinking about them. This is also the reason why I anticipate to eliminate this "problem" permanently. For me, beta-blockers are no option since I don't want to take these pills for ages - not to mention the possible side effects that can occur. Albeit certain beta-blockers such as Bisoprolol or Metoprolol are fine for a class 1 medical (at least under EASA). Which one did you take? Do you know that?

@Radgirl: thank you. For me, it is not a real problem BUT I know that I have them and it drives me mad. I want to get rid of these odd ectopics if anyhow feasible. The doctor(s) who will conduct the ablation therapy are very competent, have a good reputation and doing ablation therapies quite often. They are VERY helpful and I feel like they really want to help ME.

Having asked my AME, he said that an ablation is definitely fine and won't be an issue for a class 1 medical if its successful and no major complications occurred.