PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA PPL to LAPL
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2016, 07:44
BEagle

Received 273 Likes on 111 Posts
Indeed, Whopity! But there's a syllogistic argument at the CAA which is attempting to claim that, because they've allowed Part-FCL licences to be used to fly non-EASA aircraft, then they've been deemed directly equivalent to national licences, hence all regulations applicable to national licences apply equally. "A dog has 4 legs, 4-legged creatures include cats, therefore my dog is a cat...."

The wise heads at the CAA are with you and me, Whopity - to exercise the privileges of a Part-FCL licence on an EASA aircraft, you must hold a Part-MED medical certificate. This might also be true for non-EASA aircraft:

The holder of a UK-issued Part-FCL compliant EU Pilot’s Licence may take advantage of the Medical Declaration, but only exercising their privileges flying non-EASA aircraft. If they wish to operate an EASA aircraft they must hold a valid medical certificate appropriate to the privileges being exercised.

But others disagree....

The legitimacy of CAP 1441 cannot be assured as it doesn't support the CAA's own website statements - so anyone relying on it does so at their own considerable risk.

Incidentally, ifitaint, there are more than a few matters which you won't find in print. Give me a ring and I'll tell you why....