PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2016, 22:51
E165

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to add fuel to the fire, but there is definitely a different scale for DEC vs. Upgraded vs. early 2000 hires. Either way, the top scalers are still below the industry average, whether compared to other contract jobs or 767 operators worldwide. What AJX management fails to understand is that majority of us have to commute very long distances from our homes for three or so weeks at a time. And, as a couple of guys pointed out, regular line captains are having to play the role of an instructor and babysitter when we fly. Compensate better by being competitive with other contract pilot jobs or at least make the working conditions better. Something. Not too much to ask I think, especially when the contract agencies are making huge profits off our backs. It used to be 100% pax flying for me almost 10 years ago to before the merger, now 10% pax. If I wanted to fly freight (nothing against the original AJV guys), I would have applied to AJV originally...But either way, our schedules still suck.

For those of you who are prospects reading this thread, the "rantings" in the recent posts were actually addressed to the respective contract companies so they can relay the situation to the company by a good majority of the pilots - but fell on deaf ears.