PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2016, 22:24
seafire6b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seafire6b

From my first post on this thread, you might've seen my ultimate Florida destination from GLA is Fort Lauderdale. Must admit that DY's LGW/FLL service has previously aroused my passing curiosity - as did Zoom's in years gone by - but changing airlines en-route gives me caution. In the event of flight delays or cancellations, I'd prefer such to remain the airline's problem, not mine!

That's not to mention also avoiding lugging Mrs Seafire's extensive baggage around at transfer points! After deciding to bypass BA this time, we're both happy to have chosen EI. It seems win/win all the way: much enhanced EI J service over BA's WT+, increased baggage allowance, lounge access, pre-clearance into the USA (a fantastic plus!), significant fare cost-savings and finally, no Heathrow Zoo - despite having access to BA's T5 lounge there. Good choice Seafire!
Time to share my update. Had a very good experience with EI Business Class at the end of last month GLA-DUB-MCO, which knocked BA's WT+ into a cocked hat! The scheduled 90mins at DUB was just time enough for a quick drink (although not at the EI Lounge, Mrs SF was browsing the shops...), grab some duty free and only 10mins to pre-clear into the USA - the latter being solid value on its own!

Boarded the flight to MCO and was impressed all round. A very open "feel" to the cabin, excellent & spacious seating, good flight attendants, menus and big-screen IFE. Thanks guys, I'm sold, there'll definitely be no looking back to BA's WT+ product.

Now enjoying our holiday in south Florida, but will have to "hunker down" tomorrow - the locals keep saying that someone called Matthew is going to "breeze by" on Friday!