PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United increasing hiring projections
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2016, 21:17
g-code

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
g-code,

Thanks for the info. Great news!! A new wing to the Steep Turn Academy will take time to build.

Would you happen to know what percentage of those interviewed by UAL are getting job offers as a result ? That metric really tells applicants what they're up against in real world terms.
It's been a while since I have heard numbers but it's in the 70% range. The BIGGEST piece of advice I can offer is make sure everything on your application is totally correct now because they "snapshot" it when they pull it and don't take kindly to too many edits or suprises the day of the interview.

The interview itself is pretty laid back. They want to hire you! For the HR portion it's a HR rep and a pilot. They will put you at ease, give you a bottle of water, and tell you to take you blazer off if you like. They just want to see how you think and make sure they can stand being in a cockpit with you for four days at a time. I also wouldn't go into the interview without interview prep. Cage Marshall or Emerald Coast are probably the top two who offer it.

As for the construction, it's going full bore as we speak. Until all the new sims get moved up there I have heard some 737 guys are being sent to Miami and Dallas for sims.