PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Emirates
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2016, 09:51
The Outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our King,

I am a 50 year old Captain of a Airbus A388 in Dubai, Dubai, UAE. I have approximately 22,000 hours total time, of which 15000 hours is jet, and 12,000 of that is PIC.

After recently visiting Portland on a flight, I fell in love with the city. After two days of staying in the area, I knew that I want to move there.

At this point, it is my career goal to get a job with anyone else. I just love fun flying, and there was something about the USA that really tickled my fancy.

With only commercial airline flying experience, what is a good next step career wise to get on with your company? Will they look to hire me with only commercial airline experience, or should I join a executive operator in the USA for a few years to build experience, while simultaneously having my application into, and updating it, with your company? Please, any wisdom and suggestions to get on with your company would be very welcomed.

Does your company have a hearing test criteria to be met? One of my ears is 100% good, the other has about 50% hearing loss (from years of listening to endless BS). Will this be sufficient?

I propose you and I simply switch jobs. The 601 and the A380 are almost identical...they go up, they come down and if you're lucky they do so without leaving a trail of debris on the runway. I bet you wear a white shirt and black trousers...hey guess what?...so do I ! Same Same!

PS...I'll need your passport as well.