PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2016, 08:33
gtseraf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frate has a good point. It is also worth looking ahead when considering this job. Yes, at present, there is an opportunity to get a widebody command (albeit on a jurassic machine) within 5 years. After that things pretty much slow down to nothing. Have a look at the salaries of the guys who've been here for 15 years or so. A 10 year Captain, salary, USD14300 per month + USD 1000 pension. The accomodation and international allowances barely cover costs. I don't follow other major salaries that closely but I would not be surprised to see a 15 year FO at one of the US majors or Qantas earning considerably more than this + they are living at home, not flying old, clapped out freighters, pretty much back of the clock all the time, mostly in and out of China working for people of a different culture who often just don't get how we function.

At present Captain salaries top out at 20 years, no increases past that , not that the annual increases are any good, they are very much based on Japanese zero inflation. Total lack of understanding that our home countries may have higher inflation rates than Japan.

Things have been very good in the past and I live in hope these good times will return. It's up to the powers that be to make this happen.