PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2016, 07:09
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll try not to take your post in the patronising way it sounds but some of us have not been here 5 minutes and are excited by a sparkly new job. Some of us have been here long enough to see the negatives increase so much that they now outweigh the positives. If you'd have said to me a few years ago that I should look at the positives, then I'd agree with and I DO agree that the days off bidding/requesting IS brilliant. However, I had a $500/month salary cut when they squeezed AJV & AJX together, I now fly almost twice as much as I used to, I almost live in the most sh*t country in the world as we fly there so much (China), my salary has not risen 1 cent but the cost of living has everywhere in the world and it seems every month we get another nagging letter telling us that such and such is forbidden, or remember to breathe regularly or some other useless, mollycoddling (read controlling) instruction. And I have to agree with atldrvr, some of the guys I've had sitting next to me have been really quite 'average' and I wonder just how they got to where they are. I'm not paid to be an instructor and I don't really see why I should have to be if (a)they got their selection right and (b)got their 'training' right. I'm happy to 'coach' as any captain should but lately I feel as if I'm doing a lot more instructing.

Yes, there are many positives and, just to keep B-757 happy, I am so, so grateful for them. However, the negatives are increasing and they could easily solve one of those if they pulled their heads form where they are firmly lodged.

PS: altdrvr; Apids were Sep 2011