PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta Airlines Pilots to get 30% pay increase
Old 5th Oct 2016, 01:28
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you make a decision to leave North America, Western Europe or Australia/New Zealand you are rolling the dice and taking your chances. If you didn't realise that before you went then unfortunately you leapt before you looked (Shiny Jet Syndrome can be a powerful force).
Funny, missed this bit from the Cathay recruiting site.

If you don't fight, you don't get anything. Stop lowering expectations. The OPs intent is to raise them, I applaud him for that. Just a reminder of what we are worth. A parked jet in HKG is probably a lot more expensive than a parked jet in Atlanta.

So continue the fight boys. Delta just showed you what you are worth. Don't get distracted by management's attempt at lowering your self worth - even if it is echoed by the occasional over-abused, beaten-down long-timer fellow pilot. Trust me, management quietly **** themselves every minute the status quo continues. Your expectations should be high, and the majority of you know it.

I'm proud to share the flight deck with all fellow fighters in this industrial battle. I don't really know if we will win. But I can guarantee you fighting will get you more than not.

So please stop doing management's job for them.