PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2016, 00:51
alloha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyboy_SG
@Igigi.Atleast till next June. 100 777 FOs in trainin now. So I would suggest first officers just to stay away.

@Romasaik . No hard feelings please.

They are phasing out all the 200s. They all will be gone by Dec 2017 leaving with 20 odd 773. So beginning next year 777 fleet is going to shrink. Growth will be in A330s and they will make up all the flying. But as such the over all conditions are getting worse anyways. Like polax pointed out, the Malaysian recruitment has put the whole equation to a total chaos. Even on line it's hard to get a good roster and layovers are getting shorter and shorter. 16 hrs in LHR after all night flying !

More and more people are leaving and failing. What will happen when people don't fly for a year or someone is scheduled for line check after 40 days of no flying. I have nothing against those who fail, I'm sure they are good pilots. It's the system which has just got ridiculous. And a fleet of 200 by 2020 will not happen it seems.

Besides everything there will be a pay cut and reduced leaves in the next contract. Well, now they seem to have woke up after long time.
20 odd 773? Really? 24 is the current number and will be 35 till next June. The oldest one is 4 years old. There 100 FO's in training for the T7 cause there are ground schools for 75 command upgrades.