PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA PPL to LAPL
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2016, 20:50
thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA PPL to LAPL

Hi all, I have a EASA full fat PPL (A). Due to recent medical problems I can now only get a LAPL medical (which I got from my AME the other day) unless I want to do several expensive tests to verify my fitness for a class II. The only thing I can see that is different between the PPL and LAPL is I won't be able to use my IR(R) anymore. I don't fly anything bigger than a four seater.

My question is this, I'm off for a check flight soon as I haven't flown for a while. I have my EASA license but now with a LAPL medical folded up inside it. Do I need to convert the EASA PPL license to a LAPL one before I can take passengers up and if so is there a form that I need to fill in and does anyone have a link for it!

I did have a poo brown JAR PPL before I converted it to an EASA. Some people that know more about licensing than me have suggested that as I held a poo brown one then I would be OK to fly on the LAPL medical until april next year, or maybe 2018.

Hopefully someone can point me in the correct (legal) direction as I don't want to have a prang and then find out I wasn't legally supposed to be flying.