PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK 777 Freighter-Dedicated Crew
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2016, 15:55
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't disagree with any of that but the truth is things ain't getting any better around these parts! It boils down to doing what's best for your own circumstances and if anyone thinks that a string of 5 off each and every month is achievable with the current numbers, they're delusional. it's EXACTLY why the Company is offering it as an enticement for the freighter ops.

I'd like to have the 75 hours and two weeks off that I had 12 years ago but that's not reality. Reality is currently 90-100 hours plus every month, flying with demotivated crew, an undermanned and heavily overworked training department and a management that seem incapable of grasping the gravitas of the deteriorating situation. The ill thought out policy of A340 'demotions' is just the latest in a string of poor, incompetent decisions made by individuals unwilling or unable to implement logical and fair changes. The ridiculous seniority list is another. What person with even a modicum of basic intelligence would subscribe to signing off such crap.

God knows how this fiasco will end but for many pilots, they will not care. They've either left already or are planning to do so.

Harry