PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2016, 03:44
ThisIsntLegalAdvice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
harrybass3,

There are several points to touch on but briefly:

Once your files is ticked off/recommended by DFR (for pilot and FSP), it gets sent to PSA at Tamworth - this can take a few weeks. Once there your dossier has to be paper graded by the board their to determine its competitiveness.

Once it gets a graded score, you will sit in the FSP pool until your file is competitive enough amongst those there to be placed on an FSP course. If your dossier is amazing, you will sit amongst the top applicants ready to be placed for the next available/applicable course (DEO/ADFA). You can get notified anywhere from a month to a week out from FSP depending on late pullouts etc.

I would think it unlikely (although not impossible) that they would bother booking FSP programs more than a month or two in advance because it is not in their interests to do so.

According to the FSP PSA course schedule - the end of the year is mostly ADFA candidates so that they can get them ready prior to offers early in the new year and courses starting early next year. I can't speak to what the story is if you're an ADFA candidate; it seems like there are 4 more courses from Nov through to Dec. If you are a DEO candidate, the last 3 courses for FSP for this year are 16 Oct, 23 Oct and 30 Oct. Unless someone pulls out, they will most likely have already been filled for the year.

Without knowing your personal circumstances, it is most likely you were not paneled because the courses were already full. If you are highly competitive and someone pulls out, you might get offered a spot on one of the above but this is less than likely. It may of course also be a case of your file not being particularly competitive in which case you are in the waiting game with most people.

Let me know if there's something I haven't covered!