PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Custom Logbooks?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2016, 21:25
Genghis the Engineer

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts
Evening Speedbird.

If you don't like the internals of your logbook, designing stickers on your PC, printing them out and sticking them to your headings works well. I do this with an old, but much loved, Pooleys commercial logbook, which has a Pooleys supplied leather cover on it.

Not a pilot logbook, but I designed a non-aviation personal records book a few years ago for the use of my family - I designed the cover, the contents, everything - uploaded it, and just pay per copy for myself and anybody who wants one. I used a service called Lulu

www.lulu.com

I think that, so long as you can live happily within their book sizes, and don't mind putting the effort in - it'll do exactly what you want. My hardback medical records book is excellent quality, exactly what I wanted, and costs me about £20/copy if I choose to order them. You can also make it available, should you wish, for anybody else who wants to buy one directly - even put it up on Amazon.

If you don't like Lulu's book sizes, then although I've not tried them, I believe that other competing services exist who presumably may have different formats available.

There's also this, which looks stunning online, although I've never seen one in the flesh

http://www.leatherpilotlogbook.com/

G