PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 2nd Oct 2016, 20:00
babydash_83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be coming on board as a NTR First Officer in the November class. Wanted to ask if anyone who will be in that class are online here and have looked at places to live during training. I was given two hotels by a FlyDubai captain that have a corporate account and discounted rate for new hire pilots during the tenure period. I believe its the Holiday Inn and Premier Inn at DXB. Anyone have any other housing options or hoteling options which might be more convenient near the training center at DXB. The reason I ask is i would prefer to stay where my classmates are so we can create study groups after class or when we are off from training. Secondly for the seasoned FZ pilots who are there, i have been reading on the last few pages of the forums that upgrade training has a high failure rate recently. My question is how has the failure/pass rate been for the new hire Non Type Rated First Officers lately and how are they as far as giving additional training if required and/or limit of failures they can allow before they terminate you from your position. Im not being negative or doubting my abilities as I have flown for 2 airlines in the USA and know what to expect in a 121 airline in the USA, but this is a new country and new airline in new regulations, so wanted to be familiar and make sure i have all bases covered and prepare well in hand before class. Appreciate the feedback as always.