PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - clearing Security as operating crew departing EGLL
Old 2nd Oct 2016, 19:12
Philip Mew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clearing Security as operating crew departing EGLL

Can I clear Security in Terminal 2 when in uniform and operating the flight ?

The reason for this question : my wife will stay in London on her own for a few days between back to back 2 day layovers. We would like to get to Terminal 2 earlier and separately from my crew, then accompany my wife through the check in process, then clear Security at Terminal 2, through a separate queue from my wife I am guessing.

In the recent past, crew members have stayed with friends of family in the London area, and so enroute from EGLL to the hotel, they get off the bus and we see them the next day on board the aircraft. Since they are not at the hotel for pick up, I surmise that the only way they could have got to the aircraft is by clearing Security on their own at Terminal 2.

For crew members with EGLL as their home base, is clearing Security at Terminal 2 an SOP ?

I've been flying out of EGLL since 1979, and believe you me, if there is one place in the world where I want to know if what I want to do will get me into trouble or not, it's EGLL.

Any reason I cannot ?

Last edited by Philip Mew; 2nd Oct 2016 at 22:19.