PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eight Typhoons en-route to SE Asia
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2016, 10:00
Geordie_Expat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by m0nkfish
Pax, don't agree with you on that one. We will alway be told there is not enough money for the NHS and more needs to be spent on welfare. No matter how much is given, we will be told its not enough and more is required. We also need an Air Force, one that is capable of deploying anywhere in the world at a moments notice and can work effectively and in co-operation with its allies, wherever they may be. Exercises like this strengthen ties between all involved, from the engineers and pilots who go, all the way to the senior officers and, in some cases, politicians who put the leg work in to make the whole thing happen in the first place.

There is nothing noteworthy about this exercise, other than its taking place in a country that the RAF don't frequently visit. From a distance point of view, its approximately 5800 miles from London to Japan, whereas London to Las Vegas is 5200. I would hardly think the extra 600 miles each way breaks the bank, or is worth getting excited about. No one seems to get quite so excited about the yearly (twice yearly sometimes) Red Flag exercises, so I'm surprised by some of the responses on here.

I wish them a safe journey and exercise and thank all involved for flying the flag on our behalf.

The only thing I disagree with in the above is the surprise at some of the responses. There are an awful lot of posters just waiting to have a moan at anything that the RAF do.

Typhoons going to Japan has absolutely nothing to do with NHS or pensions