PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2016, 02:21
CaptCloudbuster

Received 129 Likes on 37 Posts
Bridging courses

I failed Maths /Physics at school.

Getting a job in QF was my ultimate professional dream. I enjoyed the road there,,,, Cape York bush pilot then Regional Turboprop. What I yearned for though was financial security, to fly well maintained equipment, to be trained by some of the best in the Profession, an opportunity to contribute to a proud 90 year history, an Australian Capital City base to finally put down roots, finally be able to commit fully to finding love, get married and live happily ever after. Happy to report 20 years later I still thank my younger self for having the drive, dream, tenacity and courage to put in the hard (but enjoyable nevertheless) yards. It's been all I hoped for.

Whilst others bitched and moaned or partied their young days away I did Steve Holdings Maths over a 4 week annual holiday and completed a Physics bridging course with Rocky Uni via correspondence. I consciously surrounded myself with like minded individuals with positive outlooks and goals.

My personal motto was (borrowed from the World Cup winning Wallabies of the day)

"Long after the pain is forgotten - the quality remains"

A job in QF doesn't come easy. QF wants highly motivated self starting individuals.

Can't be bothered doing everything it takes to get a shot at the title?

(You can't say you haven't had enough time to get everything organised)

You're not what QF is looking for then IMHO.