PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2016, 14:07
KAAATE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BrookeIsabelle
Hi beautiful people

I do sincerely apologise for coming to this thread a little later, however I have a bit of a question. And I am kind of assuming that because you guys have made it through the recruitment process, you'd just be able to please clarify something for me.

Current applications are open until the 9th of October (I'm assuming for a different round to you guys) and I am so willing and ready to become a FA for VA that I want to perfect my resume, because I'm actually worried that there's going to be so many applicants that mine could get overlooked.

Is there any kind of tips anyone could give for the resume or cover letters? I have finished both but I just want to perfect it so my application doesn't get overlooked. If anyone can give advice, I will genuinely be SO over the moon grateful!

For the cover letter, I have:

-Brief summary of why I applied
-Highlights of what I can bring to the role
-Why I wish to work for VA
-Summary of why I can make a great FA and what my focus on the job would be
-Closing (i.e "attached my resume and please do not hesitate to contact me" etc)

For the resume, I have:

-Name, then contact details
-Summary. Three quick sentences about the type of person I am
-Employment experience. Going through the years, job titles and roles that have made up 8+ years of customer service experience
-Education. High school + Diploma of Tourism
-General skills. This is where I came up with 7 skills that I believe kind of mirrored what they want in the job applicants- strong interpersonal skills, adaptability to change, can work effectively and remain calm under pressure, able to work in a team etc.
-References

I can't help but think there is something I may have done wrong, or something I can put in there. I have just wanted to become a FA for so long and I am so keen that I'm just want to perfect this stage so I can make it to the assessment day as a great candidate.

I really thank you in advance for your time. I'd like to think that what I've got on my resume is great for someone of my age, and if I'm lucky, maybe somewhere down the track I might be working with some of you

Thank you
Hi BrookeIsabelle! Everything you have on there already sounds great but personally I wouldn't focus my cover letter too much on the role your applying for, but more on the roles and experience you have already had. They are looking for customer service professionals and at the end of the day that is what they will be looking out for most! Definitely talk about whatever customer service experience you have and what you enjoy about working in customer service based roles good luck!