PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving helicopter with engine/rotors running - merged threads
Old 1st Oct 2016, 03:11
Vertical Freedom

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Oooow those of little knowledge........................are bloody dangerous

Exiting whilst turning & burning is an approved SOP in the Ops Man in many Countries, including the extended Himalayas. It reduces time on the ground Increases the urgency to GO for those on-ground Did You notice the weather coming in on the Video? Doooh by the way that is not Mera but Khote village H

Have You CA2 ever tried starting a machine above 20,000' or below zero with any serious altitude? CA2 I sure as shiiit wouldn't wanna be learning from You as my instructor as there ain't much in your 'bag of wisdom' next time You land on a remote pinnacle with weather rolling in & a MedEvac Rescue to do; by all means shut down, light up a fag, order a cuppa tea & see the beauty of the clouds roll in as Your Patient dies gagging, drowning in their own blood from Altitude-Sickness

CA2 please try & think outside the box Mate & find out the right reasons things are being done the way they are........after over 29 years of flying, 10 years in the Mountains; exiting whilst Rotors-Running well over 3,000 times has served me a great benefit in getting the job done safely & expeditiously (note: without incident)

Happy Landings & never loose ETL unless Your slinging, aerial working, or on short final to land