PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe DHC8 F/O recruitment
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2016, 21:28
Stevethepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to put a quick response on here. I had my assessment in June and passed everything and I'm half way through TR now at Flybe, the company is great and they are treating everyone really well.
Those of us who have been successful have all had a range of back grounds some are multicrew experienced individuals, some are fresh out of training and then others like me have an instructional background and held a CPL IR for a number of years, so there is a real mix of people getting through. From my experience at the assessment days there is a lot of arrogance amongst the candidates for interview, this will get you no where, there were 12 people on my assessment day, 2 of us were successful.
There is a selection of tests that you will be required to complete and yes a group interview, if you pass the morning you will have a one to one interview in the afternoon, if that's a success off to the sim you go for check. Now there is relatively sparse info on here regarding the content of the assessment day, why? Well first of all anyone attending an assessment is asked politely not to divulge information, why? Well it gives an advantage others may not have and doesn't give a clear indication of how you can adapt to different pressured situations. So my advice.... Aptitude testing is something you could practice but you either have it or you don't, learn about the company you would like to work for, and spend lots of time reflecting on your experiences in life. To those of you with assessments coming up I wish you the best of luck, it is achievable, just be calm and normal, these assessments etc are not a con.
I did wonder at one stage having applied to Flybe for the last 3 years that maybe it was just a scam to generate funds for the ATP scheme for CTC but I was completely wrong, the 20 of us on TR at the moment have been thoroughly looked after. I hope those attending the assessments are successful and look forward to seeing you on the line.