PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - internet synchronisation of events
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2016, 08:56
yellowtriumph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by reynoldsno1
Me the same and I don't need no stinkin' app. The code is a one-off, arrives within seconds, and as I'm waiting for it, it normally gets entered within a few seconds. Acceptable risk vs convenience as far as I'm concerned.
Yes, I suspect this is the point that may be confusing to some here. Referencing my own post: My wife is logging onto her banking site using a PC/laptop - not a phone app, she has to go through several layers of security before gaining access to her own account including answering two security questions that she alone knows the answer to and then entering a 4 digit security code generated by a hand held device (actually in her hand and activated itself using another 4 digit code known only to my wife). So that's actually 4 levels of security before she even gains access to her on-lime account.

If she then wants to transfer some money around, a text is sent to her registered mobile which is obviously in her other hand.

I don't see the security issue here? The code sent to the phone doesn't even have to be secure or encrypted - it is useless to anyone else.