PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK helicopter schools (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2003, 06:38
nimbostratus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: helicentre

If you'd asked this question a few months ago, I'd have advised you to go elsewhere, but Helicentre Ltd have sold the L'pool operation to the new MD Andrea Brown. The instructors there ( Jonathon & Gary), although not commercial pilots themselves, know what they are doing and have good results. 190/hr is about the going rate in this area; the only thing to consider if you intend to become a commercial pilot is whether the 'integrated approved course' would be more suitable to your needs. As far as the job market goes, I'm not sure that it's at it's best at the moment but if you knock on enough doors then you're sure to find something eventually. The North Sea is probably the place to aspire to, but, reading other posts, there seems to be little recruitment. However, I would always maintain that the best time to start training is when there is little work around because the time it takes to qualify means that you will probably be looking for work just when the industry takes its cyclical (no pun intended) upturn.