PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook Boeing & Airbus recruiting
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2016, 17:50
aussiesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
junglie-driver

Salaries are as stated on ppj. Roster wise expect a minimum of 10 days off per month. Averaged around 80-85 hours over summer, winter looking rather calmer. On 321 fleet there are no long trips, except winter when there are trips around the network, including week long trips up to Scandinavia and a few night stops.

Longer trips aren't generally available in summer for SH, LH roster looks like around 4 trips a month depending on how many 'bullet' trips you have.
I know a few guys who commute on the 330 with not too much issue. SH might get rather tiring.

Mi EASA Su EASA
Expect take home of around £3.5 after tax as SFO, this can be increased if overtime is available up to an extra £1000 per month.
Time to command is varying. Every time I speak to someone about it the amount of time seems to decrease. First 8 years, then 6, now about 5 years I am told.
All depends on the growth of the airline really, saying that, it seems to be growing consistently now which can only be good. Lots of retiring captains in the next 5 years allegedly.

Craigy D
MAN 330 - LGW and MAN are the only 330 bases. Most crew in both bases will be put as Mixed Fleet on 330/321 (even if you came with 330 only rating) until you get your seniority bid accepted as 330 only, which might take a while. See above for roster. Expect to fly out or in to home base on each trip. Rarely both.

Hope that helps