PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Intsructing for Fun - ie unpaid
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2003, 06:20
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Related question;

If the flying club is in fact a business making a profit from flyight training, could an instructor only holding a PPL train students?

Are instructors holding PPLs not restricted to instruction flights where the only money paid by the student is the direct operating costs of the flight...i.e. non-profit.

As far as I am aware, most flying schools have the hourly hire rate for the aircraft to which they add the instructor's pay and then some extra money for themselves.....eg, PA28 £90 per hour for a PPL hire but £120 per hour dual of which the instructor gets £15.

Even if the instructor does not accept the £15, there is the question of the other £15 which the club pockets.

IMHO, the only situation where PPL instructor training works is when both the instructor and the student are shareholders in the same club or group or aircraft and the group operates on a voluntary non-profit basis.....i.e. the aircraft costs the same for a PPL as for a student dual as for a student solo and everyone including the instructor make the same financial comittments.

Regards,

DFC